Southwest Regional Fly-In
at Historic Flabob Airport
Riverside, CA [KRIR]
If you have ever flown, owned, or wanted to aviate an Aeronca, this is the Fly-In for you!
Bring your Champ, Chief, Pre-War Chief, Tandem, Model K, Sedan, LC, C-2, C-3, or Chum.
Come join this regional event of the Aeronca Aviators Club
This is a good opportunity to see our Club in action! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
A special welcome to the airplanes and members of the Bellanca-Champion Club!
- Watch and Rate the Early Arrivals
- Hang out at Hangar 19D (Jim Spee's Flabob HQ)
- Owner-to-owner show and tell;
- “Ride Swapping” -
Take a fellow pilot for a ride in your bird, experience a ride in a different aircraft
- Gawking at the beautiful Champs, Chiefs, Sedans and more;
- Arrival, registration, dinner 1700 - 1900 (Reservations required)
- Continued registration
- Pancake Breakfast courtesy of Flabob Express DC-3 group.
- Open Hangars, Historic Aircraft Display Day, and Vintage Car Displays
- High school student Jacob Palmer from Flabob Airport Preparatory Academy will talk about his Aeronca 11CC at 10 am.
- AAC Brown bag lunch (Reservations Required)
- Aeronca modifications and maintenance. Speaker TBD.
- Flightline walk to admire the Aeroncas
- Dinner at 1800 (Reservations Required)
- Awards - For Best Pre-war Aeronca, Best Post-war Aeronca, Longest Distance Flown.
Each registered attendee will receive a ballot; plaques will be awarded at Saturday dinner.
The Wathen Foundation and Flabob Airport will be our hosts.
Local information and directions are on the Flabob website.
100LL is available.
Runway is 6-24, 3200 x 50, Right traffic Rwy 6.
Traffic Reporting on 122.8
ATIS at Riverside Muni (RAL) 128.8
ASOS at Corona (AJO, 8 nm SW) 132.175
Tie down space is available for free. Please bring your own tie down anchors and ropes. Camping is free.
QUESTIONS? Jim Spee 909-997-1152 (cell) email or Robert Szego 518-731-3131 email
Preparation for an event like this is a very complex and time-consuming effort.
We would like to recognize and thank Jim Spee and the Wathen Foundation for their hard work.
If you have ideas and/or suggestions about next year's Fly-In, please mention them to any of us.
Top of Page
© Copyright 2012 Aeronca Aviators Club. All rights reserved.
This site is designed and maintained by David Lane Systems.